Day 92

Perfection-my short stay at Green Gulch Farm Zen Center. I was so lucky because I did not reserve a room. Someone must have canceled-and I found myself in a most perfect place. Green Gulch is in Marin County close to my beloved San Francisco. I was coming from visiting friends up north and on my way to visit my brother in Silver Lake. What perfection, the room, walks to John Muir beach, meals, and quiet times.  I loved working in the kitchen and garden. Popsicle sticks were hung from trees with names of the many gone from AIDS. 

Some years later, i signed up to hike from Big Sur to Tassajara Mountain Center. I had all the equipment necessary for the hike, and one of the other hikers was kind enough to drive me to the starting point in Big Sur. Unfortunately, I proved to be a horrible hiker and hated sleeping in tents. What was I thinking because I went to the gym, worked out with weights, and was great with indoor cycling that I could backpack. And the trail was not cleared from rains-  must have been the worst company ever. When we got closer to the site a car came to see how we were doing. Myself and another less intrepid hiker jumped in. 

Tassajara-was perfect.