Day 89

I found my people, my people arrived, confluence in San Francisco. It started in the Modern Times Bookshop (a feminist place)- I was seeking a roommate. Joan Mankin (Joan Mankin - Wikipedia) responded. We bonded and from Joan I met an amazing crew in the San Francisco Mime Troupe. Friends.

Friends from Berlin were making films in California. Rosa Von Praunheim, Werner Schroeter who introduced me to Christine Kaufmann- we became really close friends--and then a friend from Santa Barbara- introduced me to Paul who brought Danny Schechter into my life. All the while I was attending college and working at Buena Vista School where I met lots of others. This was a really great time-creative, joyous and all have individual stories.. plus one about Janis Joplin. I had so many adventures, and great times in San Francisco.. and so sharing pictures.. each has a memory and a story.