Day 78

"I always loved you madly, I know how to text with FB will try and reach you later xoooooooo"

The last message from my friend Fred--oh Fred-if you are ever so lucky to have a Fred in your life-cherish those moments. Montana, defined him and it was to Billings he returned after an amazing career in Hollywood, Rome and New York.

We met when we were students at Pasadena Playhouse, and lived on Wilcox Street in Hollywood. So much about Fred- he served in the Navy after high school- a Gay man at a time of even more bias.. Fred loved women and had so many extraordinary friends who he adored and introduced to one another.

We were explorers, and climbed the hills of Hollywood, lived as neighbors on Bank Street, and spent years in Europe.

We were always in touch- sometimes as now a year or two went by--and yesterday his friend wrote me that she was worried- as was I as intuition felt and absence--what happened is not known-by us---and perhaps by sharing-will come clarity. 

Friends like Fred are so precious- his laughter is ringing in my ears...never judgmental, always adoring---The pictures are of Barbara Stellman my New York roommate also a good friend of Fred, pictures he took of me, the handsome guy himself, and a book that he wrote recently.